A mature technology and a strong development potential
Wind power has always been exploited by men to produce, to transform raw materials and for transportation…and for some time now, for power generation.
Nowadays, wind turbine equipment is a mature, reliable technology with a strong development potential. Over the last decade, it has experienced a significant growth and the Grenelle de l’Environnement has set ambitious goals for France:
- by 2020, 23% of France’s total energy consumption is to be produced by renewable energies. One-fourth of that 23% is to be wind powered,
- that is 25,000 MW produced including 6,000 MW off shore,
- that is 6,000 additional wind turbines (3 times more than what is currently installed).
Valeco Group conducted a unique groundbreaking operation by creating the first private electric power transformation substation (225/20kV) aimed at connecting the wind farm of the Monts de Lacaune in Couffrau. For that matter, the project created 12 local jobs.
- Location : Tarn and Aveyron départements
- Commissioning : 2006, 2008 and 2011
- 6 Farms / 74 MW
- 31 wind turbines 19 of which connected to the Couffrau electrical substation
- CO2 emissions spared : 53 980 t/year
FREE AND INEXHAUSTIBLE SOURCE…
- A clean energy: no polluting waste, no gas emission into the atmosphere
- An agriculture-friendly energy: doesn’t interfere with harvesting, doesn’t bother horses, bovines and other cattle grazing around wind turbines
- A free and inexhaustible source
- A significant yield for a small footprint
- Tax benefits and economic advantages
- Complete site restauration after dismantlement
... AND GET RID OF PRECONCIEVED IDEAS!
- Wind turbines are noisy
That was true for the 1st generation of wind turbine. Thanks to technical advances, they are more and more silent: you just need to visit a new wind farm to be convinced…
- Wind turbines are often turned off
If the wind is too light or too strong, or during maintenance operations, wind turbines cannot be running…they are designed to produce electricity 80% of the time.
- Building wind farms requires lots of energy
This energy consumption is counterbalanced within a few months of operation! At the end of its lifecycle, a farm can be dismantled in a few days allowing a complete restauration of the site and the recycling of all used materials.